Nothing is as easy as entertaining in the garden, so let’s get this party started!
1. Choose a lovely spot to set the stage. Set up your table outside in the garden, on your balcony, or front porch. Here, a length of inexpensive burlap covers a long table. The chairs are mismatched, the china is simple white and clear glasses add to the simple country theme. A few little bouquets of pink flowers are all that’s needed to set this charming setting for friends, food and fun!
2. Expand on a color theme. Everything in a range of one color makes for a lovely, easy on the eyes tablesetting. For this tablesetting I did for Cottages & Bungalows magazine last year, I chose our FrenchGardenHouse Lavande dishes, added Lavender glassware, flowers in the same color, napkins and even a beverage all in lavender. I added a glassine bag of lavender for each guest, closed with a miniature clothespin from the craftstore.
3. Delight your guests with an imaginative placemarker or favor. It doesn’t take much to set a special place for each of your guests. I love the lemon idea…how easy is that? Simply write your friend’s name on lemons with a permanent marker.
Or how about this? Use antique seed packets and tuck in a note, or buy new seeds that everyone can plant in their own garden.
4. Add fresh flowers or plants for simple centerpieces. I love this idea, painted cans are repurposed in this easy tablesetting as vases. Simple small bouquets of one kind of flower from the garden makes this so easy, and quite inexpensive.
5. Set up a pretty dessert spot. I love to have the dessert in a different area of the garden. Here, a small table holds pink lemonade and a pink cake . Everyone can sit in the comfortable wicker chairs after dinner or lunch and enjoy a different view of the outdoors.
It’s such a joy to enjoy the beautiful outdoors during the summer months. If it’s too hot during the day, have an early breakfast before the heat starts, or linger over coffee and dessert later at night once it’s cooled down. Here in our California coastal garden we love to have tea everyday under the umbrella on our deck, too. It’s one of the many joys of summer.
If you want to romance your Home and Garden with antique and vintage treasures to make you smile each time you come home, visit our shop FrenchGardenHouse.