The birds are singing! The sun is out who doesn’t love spring?! I am always excited to change things around a little bit for each season here at home, even this little dish with our egg soaps tells the spring story and makes me happy! Here are a few easy ways to bring spring inside your home:
1. Color it up. Change the colors on display in your home. Love a spring green? A simple change of pillows will make a spring color statement on your sofa. Place a bowl filled with little eggs, a blue vintage vase and a small decorative bird figurine on your coffee table, and you have SPRING happening right there!
2. Mix antique with new. Fill your antique ironstone tureen with brightly colored eggs. Display it on a small stack of antique books, add a little wax French Duck, a wax nest and egg, and pop a bright Chartreuse egg in an antique blue & white teacup. Fresh. Charming. Beautiful!
Another version of the same vignette, just as lovely, it doesn’t matter how you style it, it’s the mix of texture and colors that counts!
3. Bring on the whimsy! This petite Limoges cup is a creative way to display your sense of fun. Spring is the perfect season to take your interior design a little less serious.
4. Think Fresh. Floral arrangements don’t always have to be in a vase. This is a great time to bring fresh blooms inside. These hydrangeas are stunning in an Antique French Coffeepot. Not only their color, but the graphic boldness of their shape make quite a statement, don’t they?
5. Change Patterns. Add some new pillows to your couch with a floral design, and it will instantly change your room! Our Vintage Pillow Cases have always been a favorite to mix and match in any season, but for the spring they truly bring on their flower power.
7. Spring isn’t always Pastel! Add bright colors if that’s what you love. Here a simple arrangement of Daffodils in a glass vase filled with bright orange kumquats say spring just as much as a whole room full of pinks, light blues and soft yellows!
No matter what your style, Spring is the best time to celebrate where you live, and make it as beautiful as you can for yourself, your family and friends. It doesn’t take much to refresh your rooms. I’ve gathered a small collection of one of a kind antiques and artist creations that will bring new joy and beauty to your home. I hope you enjoy feathering your nest!
If you want to romance your Home and Garden with antique and vintage treasures to make you smile each time you come home, visit our shop FrenchGardenHouse.